Following the 6th Turkey-Qatar High Strategic Committee Meeting President Erdogan and the Emir of Qatar Tamim Bin Hamad Al Sani signed a cooperation agreement between Turkey and Qatar.
The agreements will mean USD 300 million in capital flows to Turkey and 10% of Borsa Istanbul will be transferred to Qatar- Qatar Investment Authority (QIA). Hence Turkey Wealth Fund’s Stake in Borsa Istanbul will drop to 80.6%.
The price of the sale was not declared and the details regarding how the price was set is not made public.
The agreements signed are as follows:
- Agreement Regarding the Transfer of Shares of Istinye Park,
- Memorandum of Understanding Regarding Potential Joint Investment to be Made in Istanbul Golden Horn Project,
- Between Global Port Operations and QTerminals WLL Antalya Port Operations AŞ Share Transfer and the Agreement on the Purchase,
- Free Zones Joint Promotion Activities of the Memorandum of Understanding,
- Joint Economic and Trade Commission Establishment Declaration “,
- Cooperation Memorandum of Understanding on Water Management Area
- Improved Economic and Memorandum of Understanding on Financial Cooperation Areas
- Family, Women and Social Services Related Cooperation
- Intent Regarding Diplomat Exchange Institute of Diplomacy